Rich and delectable, chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies. A classic, one-bowl cookie recipe that’s easy to make.
There’s nothing like eating the iconic chocolate chip cookie. However, finding a dairy-free and egg-free version that’s still flavorful can be a bit challenging.
This simple recipe will produce chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies that are scrumptious, slightly thick, and not too sweet.
These vegan chocolate chip cookies are…
Thick and Chewy
Easy to Make
Full of Rich Dark Chocolate
Simple Dairy-Free and Egg-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks
– This recipe uses Bittersweet (at least 60% dark chocolate). Use Semi-Sweet chocolate if you want a less intense chocolate flavor.
Neutral Vegetable Oil (Safflower Oil, Sunflower Oil or Non-GMO Canola Oil)
– If you prefer not to use oil, you can use a vegan spread like Earth Balance.
Non-Dairy Milk (Try a plant-based milk – Almond Milk, Oat Milk, Soy Milk or Coconut Milk.)
Natural Vanilla Extract
Fine Sea Salt
Does The Cookie Dough Need To Be Refrigerated Before Baking?
These cookies definitely taste amazing without needing the dough to be refrigerated.
However, if you want the ingredients to meld together for a richer flavor, the cookie dough can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking.
– You can go this route if you like to make your cookie dough ahead of time and bake your cookies when needed.
When you’re ready to bake your refrigerated cookie dough, you may need to stir in 1 to 2 tbsp of water or non-dairy milk to soften the dough.
You can then preheat your oven and scoop the refrigerated dough onto your baking sheet before placing in the oven.
Steps To Make These Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
First, preheat your oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Since this recipe will yield about 18 medium cookies, you can use a second sheet or pan to bake your cookies all at once. You can also refrigerate the unused cookie dough to use at a later time.
In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar, oil, and non-dairy milk until combined.
Stir in the vanilla extract.
Next, gradually add in the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Fold in the vegan chocolate chips or chunks.
*Tip – You can cut your own chocolate chunks in uniform or varying sizes from a vegan dark chocolate bar. The chocolate chunks give the cookie added texture.
Using a spoon or scoop, drop the mounds of dough onto your lined baking sheet. Be sure to space each mound about 2” apart.
Place the baking sheet into the oven.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the oven and cool before serving.
The cookies will stay fresh in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
The cookies can also be stored in the refrigerator for several days or tightly wrapped in the freezer for longer storage.
If you like cookies, try…
– Coco ♡ | Nectar Bliss Life
Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Neutral Vegetable Oil Safflower, Sunflower or Non-GMO Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar, oil, and non-dairy milk until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Next, gradually add in the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Using a spoon or scoop, drop the mounds of dough onto your lined baking sheet. Be sure to space each mound about 2” apart.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool before serving.
- You can cut your own chocolate chunks in uniform or varying sizes from a vegan dark chocolate bar. The chocolate chunks gives the cookie added texture.