Quick and easy to make soft, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies that are completely gluten-free and vegan. Made with simple wholesome ingredients.
Oatmeal raisin cookies have now become one of my favorite cookies ever! Every now and then, I’ll bake these to share with family or send in care-packages. They are so good because they’re not overly sweet, but are still deliciously satisfying.
Lately, I’ve increasingly become a fan after baking these pretty often. While store-bought cookies are good, once you get familiar with baking, you realize your cookies can taste even better. Plus, they are fresher and preservative free.
Why Are These Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies So Good?
Soft and chewy.
Hint of warm cinnamon and spices.
Quick to make in 1-Bowl.
Transitioning to vegan baking has been a great learning experience. However, gluten-free baking can be challenging. It’s not always easy to achieve the texture compared to using regular flour (wheat). But, we have help in the baking world with gluten-free flour mixes that make it considerably easier to bake without traditional flour.
A Classic Cookie Recipe With Simple Ingredients
Since this gluten-free cookie recipe is also vegan, it’s completely egg-free and dairy-free.
Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats – either regular or organic. Sprouted Oats, Quick Oats or Instant Oats are good to use as well.
Raisins – Regular or organic raisins can be used. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of raisins. Add more if you prefer plenty of raisins.
Regular Cane Sugar and Brown Sugar – You can swap out the sugar for Maple Syrup for a richer flavor. Also, Coconut Sugar can be used as is a wholesome, low-glycemic sweetener.
Ground Cinnamon and Allspice for a spicy, warm aroma to complement the sweetness of the cookies.
Gluten-Free Flour – While you can make your own gluten-free flour blend, I recommend using King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. Their flours allow you to conveniently substitute their gluten-free flour for regular flour in most recipes.
Salt, Baking Powder and Baking Soda
Plant-based Milk – You can use your choice of Almond Milk, Soy Milk, Rice Milk, Oat Milk or Coconut Milk.
Vanilla Extract to enhance the flavor.
Light or neutral-tasting Plant (Vegetable) Oil – This recipe works well with Non-GMO Canola Oil, Safflower Oil, Grapeseed Oil or Sunflower Oil. You can also use a plant-based vegan spread or butter in place of oil.
* Prefer to skip the oil? You can also use a plant-based vegan spread or butter in place of oil.
Be sure to check out my recipe for Thick and Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies ☺️
– Coco ♡ | Nectar Bliss Life
Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
- 1/2 Cup Regular or Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Neutral Vegetable Oil or Vegan Butter (At Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Plant-Based Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Allspice (Optional)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Flour Blend (King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour or Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk or mix together the regular sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil or vegan butter.
- Stir in the non-dairy milk and vanilla extract until the sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth. Add the cinnamon and allspice (optional).
- Stir in the oats, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda until everything is combined. Add an extra 1 to 2 Tbsp of non-dairy milk if cookie dough is too dry or crumbly.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Spoon or scoop the dough onto the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each mound. For slightly thinner cookies, use the back of a spoon to gently flatten the cookie dough into discs.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Be sure to watch cookies to ensure they don't overbake.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, let cool and enjoy!