Plump medjool dates, stuffed with dairy-free cream cheese for a sweet and savory taste that’s vegan and gluten-free. A simple date recipe that’s quick and easy to make.
Dates have become one of my favorite fruits to eat as a quick snack. They are nutrient-rich and high in fiber. Plus, they make a delicious and healthy sweetener if you are trying to avoid processed sugar. One of my favorite ways to eat them are sliced open and stuffed with sunflower seed butter, but I wanted to change things up a bit. Since I had some dairy-free cream cheese on hand, I decided to try making some savory vegan stuffed dates.
This a simple and easy recipe that calls for only a few ingredients:
Vegan Cream Cheese
Whatever toppings you have on hand
You can easily have them made in 10 minutes. If you like to plan your meals, these are wonderful to make ahead of time as a healthy snack.
Quick and Easy Savory Vegan Stuffed Dates with Cream Cheese
Sweet and savory.
Rich, plant-based snack.
What Kind of Dates To Use
You can use whatever dates are available from your local grocery store. Commonly, these are known as Deglet Noor dates. In texture, they are semi-dry if bought fresh. Unlike Medjool dates, they are a bit smaller. Also, Deglet Noor dates are perfect for chopping.
Whenever possible, I like to keep my pantry stocked with Medjool dates. They are soft and larger than regular dates. Plus, they have notes of caramel.
Pitted or Whole Dates?
Pitted dates already have the inside pit or seed removed. If you are unable to find these, then whole dates will work just as good. Simply slice open each date lengthwise to remove the pit.
If your local grocery store does not sell dates, then you can find them in several varieties at Nuts.com.
Make These Stuffed Dates Anyway You Would Like
Vegan Cream Cheese Spread – Some spreads are made with cashews or other tree nuts.
You can try a plain dairy-free cream cheese. For a more robust flavor, try a garlic spread. Violife makes their Just Like Cream Cheese in Plain, Garlic & Herbs or Cheddar.
Fresh or Dried Dill Weed
Nuts – Plain or Roasted Pine Nuts or Chopped Walnuts or Chopped Pecans
Seeds – Plain or Roasted Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds or Sesame Seeds
Be well and enjoy!
– Coco ♡ | Nectar Bliss Life
Savory Vegan Stuffed Dates
- 6 Fresh Medjool or Regular Dates
- 2 – 3 Tbsp Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 – 2 Tsp Fresh or Dried Dill Weed (Optional)
- To prepare your dates, make a lengthwise slit into each date to create an opening for the filling. Avoid completely cutting them into halves. If your dates aren't pitted, be sure to carefully remove the pits. The pit easily comes out without too much pressure or pulling.
- Using a small spoon or butter knife, fill each date with vegan cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with fresh or dried dill weed, other herbs, seeds or chopped nuts and enjoy!